Here are my most common first word guesses in Wordle:
- SCARE – Covers 4 vowels and the most common consonant in initial position. Provides good information value early on.
- ROATE – Balances frequency of letters while mixing positions and avoiding redundant endings.
- CLOUD – Uses common letters with different arrangements to probe different areas.
- STONY – Starts with common letter pair, introduces Y, and explores different placements.
Some other words I’ll sometimes use as my initial guesses are:
- ADIEU – When I want to prioritize discovering vowels.
- PROVE – If I want to test for a P or V early.
- CRANE – Swaps one letter from Scare for variety.
- THOUS – Checks for a rare letter combination.
- SLICE – If I feel I need more information on S positions.
10.CHUNK – Just for fun when I want the maximal challenge start.
I try to vary it up a bit daily with these top options while focusing on high frequency letters and letter arrangements that provide the most value early on.