Here are some statistics on how often Wordle is solved on the first try:
- According to the New York Times, which now owns Wordle, only about 10-15% of players typically solve the word on their opening guess.
- Other analysis estimates the first try rate may be slightly higher, in the range of 15-20% on average.
- However, this rate fluctuates and certainly depends on the specific word that day. Easier words see more first try guesses.
- Individual player skill also impacts it – experienced Wordlers who have a good initial guess strategy may solve it in one try 25% of the time or more.
- The hardest Wordle words ever have seen first try rates under 5%, while some easy words have been solved on the first try by over 30% of players.
- As the game grew in popularity, first try % dipped slightly as more casual players joined who may not optimize their starting strategy.
- The global average is estimated to settle around 15-17% typically guessing it correctly up front, though individual results will naturally vary higher or lower.
So in summary, while impressive, solving Wordle in one try remains a challenge that only about 1 in 5-7 players accomplish on a daily basis on average, depending on word difficulty and player experience.