Here are the general steps I would take to solve a Wordle puzzle:
- Choose a strong starting word that contains common letters. Words like SCARE, STORY, or CLOUD work well.
- Input the starting word and analyze the results. Greens are correct letters in position, yellows are letters that are in the word but wrong position.
- Consider letters that were not revealed and their possible positions in potential words. Make a guess targeting new letters/positions.
- Continue working through potential words, aiming to confirm or eliminate letters one by one with each subsequent guess. Look for patterns.
- Before guessing, consider what letters have not been used and try to come up with words containing various combinations of those letters.
- Cross-check guesses against lists of possible remaining words based on letters revealed so far. Eliminate words you’ve already guessed.
- Try not to repeat guessed letters if avoidable for maximum info gained. Focus on testing new letter combinations.
- If stuck, make sure to explore broad guesses that can clue you in on more possible letters.
- Narrow it down if possible to a list of 2 words or less, then make focused guesses on the remaining options.
- Don’t get frustrated if it takes 6 guesses. Deduction and strategy are key over time to minimize guesses.
The goal is systematic elimination of possibilities through logical, strategic guessing.